Gentle Birth Doula Workshop
March 10-18, 2019
$3,500 Special Pricing $2,995 (Available for a limited time!)
Once a year, we gather in Bali, Indonesia and host our amazing, powerful, DONA Approved Birth Workshop. (Are you an experienced BirthKeeper? Learn more about our advanced skilled workshop)
Your teachers, Debra Pascali-Bonaro and Ibu Robin Lim will teach Introduction to Childbirth, DONA Approved Birth Doula Workshop, and Breastfeeding, which will count as completion of 3 of the requirements of DONA International Birth Doula Certification – all while immersing yourself in beautiful Bali culture, doula sisterhood, in gorgeous, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
Read our blog about becoming a DONA Certified Doula – understand the steps required, costs and why our retreat is an extra special opportunity.
Who should participate?
Those who take the workshop do not need a professional background in birth, but should have the following: fascination with pregnancy, childbirth, and newborn babies; a desire to work with women or couples during this most meaningful and demanding time in their lives; emotional maturity, stamina, and reliability. (Read testimonials)
“I came here to fill my cup, after two days it’s overflowing.” -Gwen
CULTURE, CONNECTION, IMMERSION
Why a retreat?
Most birth doula trainings take place over the course of 2 or 3 days. Our immersive workshop + retreat allows for additional time to dive deeper.
- Visit Bumi Sehat Birth Center with CNN Hero Ibu Robin Lim
- Discover the role and her-story of doulas
- Connect to a community of like minded woman
- Deepen your passion for providing a doula’s nurturing care and touch to women in childbirth
- Explore current practices vs supported care
- Learn 10 tips for doulas to support a mother hormonal physiology – making birth safer and easier
- Develop a toolkit of comfort measure
- Create a language for gentle birth and enhance your communication skills
- Learn birth traditions: dance, sing and learn how to use a rebozo
- Learn how to protect a woman’s memory of her birth in any situation and any setting
- Discuss the emotional, spiritual, and sexual aspects of childbirth and how to help release fears and open to birth on every level
- Discuss how to support fathers and other partners
- Deepen your breastfeeding skills and wisdom
- Revel in placenta wisdom
- Practice doula skills in a safe circle of support
In addition to the DONA International Birth Doula Workshop, Introduction to Childbirth Class taught by Debra Pascali-Bonaro, and Breastfeeding Class taught by CNN Hero Ibu Robin Lim, there will be time to take advantage of being in Bali with:
- Welcome Reception on opening night after settling in with Ibu Robin, Debra and other Eat Pray Doula Participants
- First 14 registrants will stay at “Bumi Peace Kitchen”, Ibu Robin’s new retreat center additional registrants will stay at the lovely Villa Sonia, just a short walk away (rooms are double occupancy, upgrade for single occupancy rooms available for a small fee)
- Delicious healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks
- Morning Yoga each day
- Free day for exploration – optional guided day add-on
- Sublime pampering with massages available for approx. $14 USD/hr
- Closing celebration dinner
- Free time to visit sacred temples, the market, shops, and galleries for beautiful arts, crafts, and textiles
- Learn more about Bali and the bliss you will experience!
“This training was a window of perspective into seeing birth traditions from around the world.” -Hira
What is included
- Workshop and special sessions
- Accommodations at the retreat center Bumi Peace Kitchen (double occupancy) or a location within walking distance (rooms are double occupancy, upgrade for single occupancy rooms available for a small fee)
- Daily morning gentle yoga classes
- Breakfast and Lunch each day of the workshop
- Welcoming Reception
- Closing Celebration Dinner
Prior to registering, please be aware of the following
- Flights + Travel
- Cost of Airport Transfer
- Dinners + beverages
- Single Occupancy Rooms (limited quantity available for small upgrade fee)
- Travel Insurance – this is a requirement to attend our workshop
If you find it necessary to cancel your reservation, the following cancellation policy will apply
Three Months prior – We will refund all workshop monies received, less your deposit and unrecoverable monies from accommodations and other deposits made on your behalf.
Less than 3 months prior – A cancellation charge of 50%, as well as your deposit and unrecoverable monies from accommodations and other deposits made on your behalf will be withheld.One month prior – No refunds will be made at this point
Payment plans are available – visit our registration page for more information.
Will you join our circle?