Gentle Birth Doula Workshop
April 6-14, 2018
$3,500 Special Pricing $2,295
(Special pricing available until September 30th – payment plans available)
Once a year, we gather in Bali, Indonesia and host our amazing, powerful, DONA Approved Birth Workshop. (Are you an experienced BirthKeeper? Learn more about our advanced skilled workshop)
Your teachers, Debra Pascali-Bonaro and Ibu Robin Lim will teach Introduction to Childbirth, DONA Approved Birth Doula Workshop, and Breastfeeding, which will count as completion of 3 of the requirements of DONA International Birth Doula Certification – all while immersing yourself in beautiful Bali culture, doula sisterhood, in gorgeous, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
Learn more about DONA certification requirements
Who should participate?
Those who take the workshop do not need a professional background in birth, but should have the following: fascination with pregnancy, childbirth, and newborn babies; a desire to work with women or couples during this most meaningful and demanding time in their lives; emotional maturity, stamina, and reliability. (Read testimonials)
“I came here to fill my cup, after two days it’s overflowing.” -Gwen
CULTURE, CONNECTION, IMMERSION
Why a retreat?
Most birth doula trainings take place over the course of 2 or 3 days. Our immersive workshop + retreat allows for additional time to dive deeper.
- Visit Bumi Sehat Birth Center with CNN Hero Ibu Robin Lim
- Discover the role and her-story of doulas
- Connect to a community of like minded woman
- Deepen your passion for providing a doula’s nurturing care and touch to women in childbirth
- Explore current practices vs supported care
- Learn 10 tips for doulas to support a mother hormonal physiology – making birth safer and easier
- Develop a toolkit of comfort measure
- Create a language for gentle birth and enhance your communication skills
- Learn birth traditions: dance, sing and learn how to use a rebozo
- Learn how to protect a woman’s memory of her birth in any situation and any setting
- Discuss the emotional, spiritual, and sexual aspects of childbirth and how to help release fears and open to birth on every level
- Discuss how to support fathers and other partners
- Deepen your breastfeeding skills and wisdom
- Revel in placenta wisdom
- Practice doula skills in a safe circle of support
“This training was a window of perspective into seeing birth traditions from around the world.” -Hira
In addition to the DONA International Birth Doula Workshop, Introduction to Childbirth Class taught by Debra Pascali-Bonaro, and Breastfeeding Class taught by CNN Hero Ibu Robin Lim, there will be time to take advantage of being in Bali with:
- Welcome Reception on opening night after settling in with Ibu Robin, Debra and other Eat Pray Doula Participants
- First 14 registrants will stay at “Bumi Peace Kitchen”, Ibu Robin’s new retreat center additional registrants will stay at the lovely Villa Sonia, just a short walk away.
- Delicious healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks
- Morning Yoga each day
- Free day for exploration – optional guided day add-on
- Sublime pampering with massages available for approx. $14 USD/hr
- Closing celebration dinner
- Free time to visit sacred temples, the market, shops, and galleries for beautiful arts, crafts, and textiles
- Learn more about Bali and the bliss you will experience!
What is included
- Workshop and special sessions
- Accommodations at the retreat center Bumi Peace Kitchen, or a location within walking distance
- Daily morning gentle yoga classes
- Breakfast and Lunch each day of the workshop
- Welcoming Reception
- Closing Celebration Dinner
Prior to registering, please be aware of the following
- Flights + Travel
- Cost of Airport Transfer
- Dinners + beverages
- Travel Insurance – this is a requirement to attend our workshop
If you find it necessary to cancel your reservation, the following cancellation policy will apply
Three Months prior – We will refund all workshop monies received, less your deposit and unrecoverable monies from accommodations and other deposits made on your behalf.
Less than 3 months prior – A cancellation charge of 50%, as well as your deposit and unrecoverable monies from accommodations and other deposits made on your behalf will be withheld.One month prior – No refunds will be made at this point
Payment plans are available – visit our registration page for more information
Will you join our circle?