Virtual Postpartum Doula Retreat
March 28, April 4-6, 11-13, 19-21, 2022
Eat Pray Doula Virtual Postpartum Doula Retreat is virtual training which takes place over the course of 10 half days with world-renowned doula trainer and Director of Orgasmic Birth, Debra Pascali-Bonaro and CNN Hero and Bumi Sehat Founder, Midwife, Ibu Robin Lim for a deep dive of blissful teaching, learning, connecting and loving.
Pathway to certification
All in person classroom requirements for DONA Postpartum Doula Certification will be fulfilled while attending Eat Pray Doula. All while immersing yourself in a world-wide doula sisterhood.
The remaining requirements will be self-study. To learn more about certification, review DONA’s postpartum certification guide.
Eat, Pray, Doula is the right choice for you if...
- You have an interest in supporting new families during the postpartum period.
- You are passionate about supporting parents on their feeding journeys, especially chest/breastfeeding.
- You have a love of newborn babies.
- You have a desire to work with women or couples during this most meaningful and transitional time in their lives.
- You feel called to study, learn and experience the nourishing sisterhood that becoming a doula will provide.
- You are ready to use your special gifts, compassion, love and desire to make a difference in a career that will fulfill you, your soul and help to change the world.
- You have the emotional maturity, stamina, and reliability to be their for new families in their most sensitive time.
“I feel renewed, refreshed to go back into this network of mamas and serve them from my heart."
Most postpartum doula trainings take place over the course of 3 or 4 days. Our immersive workshop + retreat allows for additional time to dive deeper.
- Discover the role and traditions of postpartum care around the world
- Discuss the impact of racism and a doula’s role in advocacy, reducing disparities and creating equity globally
- Connect to a community of like minded women
- Explore all aspects of caring for and understanding newborns
- How can the doula support the woman, and the family during this time
- Learn to integrate the birth experience, healing
- Postpartum Physical Changes and Sexuality
- Discuss the signs and symptoms of Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders and how doulas provide healing care
- Learn the doulas role, as well as when and how to make referrals and collaborate with caregivers and community agencies
- Unexpected Outcomes
- Deepen your infant feeding breast/chest and bottle feeding skills and wisdom
- Revel in placenta wisdom
- Practice doula skills in a safe circle of support
In 2012, Ibu Robin Lim and Debra Pascali-Bonaro came together to teach the first Eat, Pray, Doula
Workshop in Bali. In 2017, they were joined by Midwife Mala Landt (CPM).
Since then, their vast individual and collective experience and passion for culturally safe, gentle birth — including informed and respectful decision-making as the pathway to Peace on Earth — has offered retreat participants an unparalleled wellspring of tools, inspiration, information, and hope for their own futures as
Doulas, Midwives, Nurses, Physicians, Acupuncturists, Therapist and Body Workers
to become change-makers in birth for the future of planet Earth.
Together, they provide our promised doulas with wisdom, research, song and ceremony which
has been acquired from traditional birthkeepers from around the world.
Learn more about our teachers
*click to expand
Debra has trained thousands of doulas, birth keepers and parents around the world in the practices of gentle birth support. She is the Founder & President of Pain to Power Childbirth Experience, Director of the award-winning documentary Orgasmic Birth: The Best-Kept Secret , author and inspirational international speaker, and chair of the International MotherBaby Childbirth Organization. Debra’s passion comes from her years as a Lamaze International childbirth educator, and birth and postpartum doula trainer with DONA International where she has worked with women, men, midwives, doulas, nurses and physicians in over 40 countries bringing comfort, love and pleasure to birth and life!
Mala has been a CPM for over 20 years and lives on the Big Island of Hawaii on a small organic farm with three of her four sons and their families. Her farm has been dedicated as a Gentlebirth Sanctuary and Education Center. Mala has had a home birth practice on the Big Island for 18 years now yet she has spent 10 of those years traveling to Bali to work with Ibu Robin in Ubud, Bali.
Mala has a BA in Anthropology and Psychology and a Masters in Special Education. She worked as a Dance Therapist in the North Carolina State School for the Handicapped and later on in the Virgin Islands Public schools, she taught Adaptive Physical Education. She orchestrated Preschools to begin combining special needs children and “normal” children, and proved the benefits for both populations in social adaptation and motivation in learning.
She is an International Yoga Teacher of 40 years, a professional Massage therapist of 20 years, a Cranial Sacral Therapist and Prenatal Yoga instructor and Postpartum Exercise Instructor. She studied at the Oneness University in India and became a Trainer of “Deeksha”, which is a
force for Global Awakening. She was an Instructor of Doula Certification and training with
the Barefoot Doctors Academy in Hawaii in 2004, 2009 and 2014.
Our daily ritual
- Breastfeeding for Doulas: March 28, 2022 | 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
- Welcome: March 4, 2022 | 5:30 – 8:30 pm EST
Training: March 5-6, 11-13, 19-21 | 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
If you find it necessary to cancel your reservation, the following cancellation policy will apply:
The deposit of $250 if nonrefundable, remaining paid balance is refundable in full until December 15, 2021.
After January 15th a 50% refund will be given
No refunds after January 16th, however spaces are transferable so you may sell or gift your space.